Orthodox Wedding in Italy
Orthodox Christians - a man and a woman, true believers of their God are getting married with a special face-to-face responsibility, and link their relation with the sacraments of the church. That’s not only a beautiful ritual, but also a deep understanding of the main essence of the religious wedding, which takes place by the following principles:
- Everlasting unity of two hearts
- Spiritualization of sensual love
- Belief in higher power of God
- Introduction of morals to your couple life
- Unconditional moral education in your offspring
If you have a great feeling and a firm intention to permanently join your hearts by the strong church ties of marriage, and at the same time the spirit of romanticism and love for an extraordinary journey never leaves you, then it’s certainly your time to get this offer from the “Italian Wedding” agency and arrange an Orthodox wedding in Italy.
Despite the fact that Italy is a Catholic country, so many beautiful orthodox churches were built in many wonderful cities of Italy.
Places where Orthodox weddings take place:
- Rome - St. Catherine the Great Martyr Church, Church of Saint Nicholas, Santa Pudenziana - church, famous monument located at 10 minutes from the Coliseum and near to interesting sights of Rome - ancient marble slab - Mouth of Truth, the Venetian area with amazing fountains
- Florence - Church of the Nativity of Christ and St Nicholas
- Venice - Greek and Russian Orthodox churches
- Rimini - Orthodox Church
- Milan - Orthodox parish, the picturesque Lake Como, 40 km from Milan - Russian Orthodox Church
- Bari - Basilica of Saint Nicholas Church
- Sanremo - Orthodox Church
- Positano, southern Italy - Church of the Assumption Blessed Mary Virgin. In this region, weddings on the beach are mostly often celebrated.
Orthodox Wedding Services
- Full legal documentation assistance
- Booking of ceremony venue
- Booking of church
- Custom music selection, for ceremony and church
- Floral arrangements, decoration and accessories, for ceremony and church, including flowers, petals
- Photo and video services
- Hairdresser, stylist, and beauty services
- Wedding dress and other necessary accessories
- Comfortable cars at your disposal for you and your guests
- Accommodation and booking of hotels, villas, apartments, for you and guests
- Ordering and preparing of wedding menu, according to your preferences
- Wedding supervision by one of our wedding planners
- Pre-wedding meetings with our consultants
- Considering of all your additional wishes and preferences
WHAT DOCUMENTS WILL YOU NEED?
2 sets of documents, as each one for the bride and groom, 3 months before the registration date of your wedding, which include:
- International passports
- Certificates of Baptism. In some cases, a certificate of baptism is not a mandatory document, but there is a condition of Orthodox Churches that people who want a religious wedding should be baptized.
- Certificate of Marriage
- Certificate of Divorce, in case you were married and your previous marriage ended.
All the comprehensive answers to your questions about planning a religious wedding ceremony as well as other relevant information, you will always get from our main coordinator Marina Matasaru, in a written reply to your email request.
See you in Italy!