Wedding in Florence
Florence was a favorite city of inspiration for the great works of many well-known masters of art and culture of the Italian Renaissance. Today, it's a great city-museum showing the world the invincible creations of artists and sculptors of those times - Michelangelo, Donatello, Leonardo da Vinci, Botticelli, architects Giotto and Brunelleschi, outstanding figures of literature - Boccaccio, Dante and Petrarch. Florence is a fabulous place for romantics, people in love and newlyweds, especially those who have decided to make their unusual weddings in Italy.
Geography and Climate
Florence is considered the oldest center in Europe, founded by Julius Caesar in 59 BC. The city is situated in the heart of Tuscany, on the hills, near the shore of the River Arno. The region has a continental climate. There is snow in winter and there are days when the temperature drops to -1-2 degrees. At the same time, the absence of tourist crowds, may please you and makes you having special beautiful pictures of Florence on sunny winter days. It rains in March, and the air is much warmer which reaches +15 degrees.
At the end of April and in May the summer season begins. Temperature rises to + 20 degrees and the prices for tourist services are getting high. The most exhausting months in Florence are July and August. The thermometer reaches +30 degrees, which makes a good time for lower prices for tourists. The perfect time for a visit to Florence is in autumn. There is a comfortable air temperature, +23 degrees, the parks and gardens of the city fascinate with their beauty and fragrance of flowering plants.
Italian Wedding will take care to prepare a wonderful and nice atmosphere, no matter the season, for all those who plan to celebrate weddings in Florence.
Getting to Florence
Florence has an international airport, although it does not host flights from all the Europe all around the world. With all that, the nearest big international airport is in Rome. Then you can come to Florence by express train in a half an hour, or 3 hours by a regular train. Also, comfortable buses take you to Florence for 4-5 hours.
For more information about how to get to Florence, or private services, please contact the Italian Wedding agency.
The center of the city is the main attraction of Florence and the world heritage under UNESCO protection. For couples who are getting married in Florence, here are some of the most significant places of the city:
- The Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Flower (Italian: Santa Maria del Fiore) - Cathedral and Bell Tower on the Duomo square, a composition created by the great master Giotto.
- Riccardi Medici Palace (Italian: Palazzo Medici Riccardi), designed by Michelangelo Buonarroti.
- Basilica of St Lawrence (Italian: Basilica di San Lorenzo) - fantastic work of Brunelleschi.
Each district of Florence is famous for its unutterable monuments:
- Basilica of St Lawrence (Italian: Basilica di San Lorenzo gave its name to the oldest district of Florence, San Lorenzo.
- Basilica of the Holy Cross (Italian: Basilica di Santa Croce) is also located in the area with the same name. Its frescoes are executed with a brush, by Giotto.
- In Oltrarno district is the famous Pitti Palace with famous museums and art galleries.
- With a special attention, guests enjoy the interesting monuments of the Renaissance era in Coverciano and Tornabuoni districts.
- The most beautiful and oldest parks in Florence are called Boboli Gardens. It was created in the XVI century and was owned by the wife of Duke Cosimo I. It became a public park, available for visits, in 1766. The park combines the beauty of the plants with the beauty of the park architecture of the National Revival. Here you will see aspiring upward cypresses, bushes, bizarre shapes, and a large number of colors. You can also admire the handmade creations by sculptors and attractive views of architectural structures.
As you can see, there are lots of amazing places that fit perfectly for anyone’s dream of getting married in Italy.
Miracles happen and a wedding in Florence will be one of the most striking miracles in your life.